Friday, October 10, 2008

High on 'Mad Men's' Hendricks

Mad Men's Christina Hendricks is one of my favorite actress of the moment. I love how she's completely dissolved into the character of Joan Holloway circa 1962. I love how, in a day and age of stick-figure celebs, she's curvy and proud, and succeeding.
I blogged, at length on the Picket Fence Post, about how much I adored her at the Emmy awards last month and think she presents a good alternative to the likes of actresses who disappear when they turn sideways.

Now the New York Post's Page Six Magazine is all about lovin' Hendricks and has featured her on the cover of its magazine. In the Page Six interview to be released on Sunday, Hendricks discussed how fashion designers only send celebs samples in sizes 2 and 4 dresses and how she doesn't fit into that world.

"I've always had boobs and hips, even when I was 115 pounds," she said. "And here I am much heavier than when I was modeling, and all of a sudden people are giving me positive feedback. Sure, I'd be happier with 10 pounds off -- wouldn't every woman?"

Image credit: Page Six Magazine.

No comments: