Wednesday, May 13, 2009

'24's' Making Me Feel Deja Vu-ish

*Warning, spoilers ahead from the previous episode of 24*

Public service announcement: There will be no head-butting/violating of probation jokes, inferences, etc. in this blog post. Personally I'm afraid Jack Bauer will come after me if I do. Now, onto 24 . . .

Next week, Fox will air the two-hour finale of 24. And I just have a tiny grievance to lodge in advance of the finale. While I've largely enjoyed this particular bad day in Jack Bauer's life -- it was heads and shoulders above the previous day -- it pains me to see that it appears to be veering toward a premise we've seen before, specifically, in the very first season. The recent episode concluded with Kim Bauer's life in jeopardy courtesy of some sinister bad guys who're going to make Jack do their dirty work on their behalf or else Kimmie's time being hunted by a cougar in the woods several years ago will seem like a walk in the park.

Is it too much to ask that the writers go with a different twist?

No comments: