Thursday, July 8, 2010

'Mad Men,' 'Lost,' 'FNL,' 'Modern Family' Get Some Emmy Lovin'

Emmy nominations in a nutshell:

Mad Men: 17 nominations.

Modern Family: 14 (almost all the show's actors got nominated with the glaring exceptions of Ed O’Neill, who plays Jay, and Rico Rodriguez, who plays Manny)

Lost: 12 (including lead actor nomination for the much-maligned Matthew Fox who I, personally, liked very much as Jack Shephard)

Connie Britton and Kyle Chandler got nominated for lead actress and actor in Friday Night Lights. FINALLY!

Jon Hamm (Don Draper), January Jones (Betty Draper), John Slattery (Roger Sterling), Elisabeth Moss (Peggy Olson), Christina Hendricks (Joan Harris), Michael Emerson (Ben Linus) and Terry O’Quinn (Smoky Locke) all got acting nominations. Even Andre Braugher, who gave a brave performance on Men of a Certain Age, got a nod.

Missing from the nominations – complete list is here -- Grey’s Anatomy and Rescue Me actors and writers whom I thought deserved some accolades.

Here are the nominees for the two biggest categories:

Best drama: Breaking Bad, Dexter, The Good Wife, Lost, Mad Men, True Blood

Best comedy: Curb Your Enthusiasm, Glee, Modern Family, Nurse Jackie, The Office, 30 Rock

I wrote up my react to the nominations here at CliqueClack TV.

Who are you pleased to see on this list? Who’s missing?

Image credit: Carin Baer/AMC.

1 comment:

Cooley Horner said...

This is the first time in a long time that I think all of my favorites got nominations. I was surprised Ed O'Neill was left off for "Modern Family," but the Glee nods and all the Mad Men acting nominations really made me smile this morning. I'm hoping "Modern Family" and "Mad Men" win their overall categories, and I'm rooting for Jon Hamm, Alec Baldwin, January Jones, and Amy Poehler win the acting awards. Oh, and of course Jane Lynch for Glee! :)