Monday, November 14, 2011

Hunger Games Trailer: What Do Book Series Fans Think?


Just saw the trailer for The Hunger Games movie, which is slated for release on March 23.

After having read through the book series this past summer at the behest of my twin 13-year-olds, I found the books addicting and oddly compelling, as well as politically intriguing when taken in context with world events over the past few months.

That said, I wasn't sure if the theatrical version would do the books justice, as the Harry Potter film series has done, or whether it would tarnish the series. After watching the trailer, though, I'm optimistic. However my resident teen Hunger Games fans remain skeptical. Very skeptical. My daughter, in particular, has yet to be sold on Jennifer Lawrence as Katniss Everdeen. "She's just not Katniss," my daughter tsked.

What do you say, Hunger Games fans?

1 comment:

honeymoon bed breakfast said...

Thanks for sharing this post. It is always appealing to present things in visuals rather. They last long and the things which are in theory and in books do not last long.