Thursday, April 12, 2007

Three for Thursday

Item #1: Red Sox Management: Please Cancel the Game NOW

Way back in December, I spent hours at my kitchen table with two laptops computers, a landline phone and a cell phone trying to call in and log onto the Boston Red Sox web site to buy tickets for the 2007 season. Two of the tickets I was able to purchase – for The Spouse’s and my birthdays – were for today’s game against the Seattle Mariners.

Only not only are sleet and snow in the forecast, right now there’s a driving rain. My in-laws are supposed to babysit, but won’t drive to our house if it snows/sleets. The worst case scenario would be that we have to scramble to find an alternative babysitting arrangement, haul our butts out to Fenway Park, only to find that we have to sit there in the freezing rain for hours and THEN they cancel the game.

I’ve had bad experiences with rain delays, like the four-hour delay my family experienced when we lingered at a game a few years ago in the middle of a lightning storm waiting to find out if they’d play.

I’m hoping they won’t screw us over today and that they’ll just cancel the game. Though I was born and raised in New England, I’m not a hearty New Englander. So sue me.

Item #2: “Grey’s Anatomy”

Okay. I’m sick of the repeats already. Tonight’s a show comprised of favorite clips from the past three seasons. And the new “Desperate Housewives” on Sunday was so dull that I didn’t even blog about it this week. (*snore*)

Item #3: “Medium”

One TV show that’s not in re-runs and that offers a great portrait of an average American mom (although one with psychic abilities), is NBC’s “Medium.” I wrote a piece on Mommy Track’d about why, in terms of its portrayal of balancing motherhood and work, it’s a nice treat.

E-mail Meredith

No comments: