Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Parental Power Struggles

New York Magazine ran a piece in its latest issue about one mom’s power struggles with her husband about how to raise their daughter and how they handle their disagreements. In fact, she depicts her husband as a controlling soul and nicknames him the “momblocker.” (I initially saw this link on ParentDish.)

When The Spouse and I have differences over raising our brood of three, there’s typically a lot of passive aggressive maneuvering (okay, at least from me) and doggedly persistent pressuring (that’s him) as we politely try to be respectful of one another’s viewpoints while attempting to convince the other person that he (or she, but usually he) simply needs to see the light.

And if I’ve been insufficiently caffeinated on any given day, I either fold or argue. So it’s a crapshoot.

E-mail Meredith

No comments: