Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Thanksgiving Thankfulness


I don’t normally traffic in the saccharine parental type of writing, the kind that is overflowing with sunshine, rainbows and unicorns and pretends as though there’s never a moment in your life as a parent when you’d ever want to lock yourself in a room alone just to get away from the insanity that comes hand-in-hand with child-rearing.

But it’s Thanksgiving.

Even though I’m going to be trying my best to not stress out too much when The Spouse and I prepare dinner at our house on Thursday (the last time I became so stressed out while making Thanksgiving dinner, I had sisters-in-law shoving glasses of wine into my hand and telling me to chill), even though I’m frequently jaded, that doesn’t mean that I don’t get sentimental.

And sentiment is what fueled my Parents and Kids column entitled, “What This Mom is Thankful For.” . . . Now I’m off to write about “Miracle on 34th Street” for another web site and then allow the 60-year-old film’s buoyant sentiment help me coast through dinner prep.

No comments: