Monday, January 28, 2008

Talkin’ TV and Politics with the Manic Mommies


I sat down last week with the Manic Mommies – the Massachusetts-based podcasters with attitude – to chat about what TV programs are airing new episodes despite the on-going writers’ strike.

Then as the conversation veered into the political arena and we dished about whether Bill Clinton’s controversial participation in his wife’s presidential campaign is a bad or a good idea, things got a little heated between The Moms. I got to “mediate.” Made me feel like I was at home refereeing between my twins.

You can listen to the podcast (for the uninitiated, it's a radio show on the internet) here.

While we’re on the subject of politics . . . I bemoaned the oftentimes erroneous assumptions pundits are making about what they think women voters will do during the presidential primaries, such as assuming we’re all voting for Hillary Clinton, which, in case you haven’t heard, we’re not. The last time I checked, women as a voting bloc aren’t monolithic. Kinda like how the male vote isn’t monolithic either. You can read the piece on the Mommy Track’d web site.

No comments: