Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Boy Band Mania . . . Counting Down 'Til Jonas Flick Hits Theaters

I've got a 10-year-old daughter who has several posters of the Jonas Brothers decorating the walls of her bedroom. (I get a kick out of embarrassing her by occasionally walking into her room, putting my hand over my heart and shrieking, "Oh! Joe Jonas! I looovvvve you!")

Despite the fact that she's distinctly unimpressed with my fawning girl impression ("You're too old to like Joe Jonas!" she chastises.), my daughter's been counting down the days until Disney's Jonas Brothers' 3-D Concert film appears in theaters on February 27 for a "special limited engagement." (This seems like it'll be eeriely similar to the Hannah Montana/Miley Cyrus 3-D concert film extravaganza of last year where I had to buy tickets in advance and then wait in a big line in order to get seats in the theater because it wasn't going to be in theaters long.)

The fact that a couple of my daughters' other favorite singers -- Taylor Swift and Disney Channel star Demi Lovato -- also appear in the film only adds to her excitement . . . as did the appearance of the J-Bros in the Hannah flick did last year. Does this mean we'll be seeing some other up-and-coming youth star in a Taylor Swift 3-D movie NEXT year? (Link to the video is here.)

No comments: