Tuesday, December 29, 2009

JibJab Guys Say Goodbye to 2009, Plus an Anti-Resolution List

My Notes from the Asylum blogging has been a bit on the light side over the past week or so as I'm trying to give myself a mini-break before I plunge into some major writing/editing/blogging in the new year.

But in between numerous Christmas and Hanukkah celebrations, the kids' Christmas break, barely eluding being guilted into taking my 8-year-old to see Alvin and the Chipmunks The Squeakquel (a friend's mom took him), seeing It's Complicated with a gal pal, baking loads of holiday cookies and, at the behest of my daughter, polishing off the last of the Twilight series (just finished Breaking Dawn today), I learned that the JibJab guys have finally released their comedic send-off of 2009 called, Never a Year Like '09. Don't play this video at work or in front of kids though. The Octomom part made me laugh/cringe, as did the scene with David Letterman's "late night lust" and Miss California fake-humping the state of California.


Try JibJab Sendables® eCards today!

Speaking of the New Year . . . I'm not one for resolution lists and media tips which proclaim to possess the answers to how to make your life better, particularly around this time of year, so for my GateHouse News Service column this month, I wrote a snarky parenting "anti-resolution" list including recommendations on embracing the crazy, acting more like moms on TV and campaigning for national acceptance of "underparenting."

Happy New Year. See you in 2010.

No comments: