Friday, April 9, 2010

Anti-Dora the Explorer 'Modern Family' Promo & New 'Sex and the City 2' Trailer

It's Friday which, for me, means deadline time for a bunch of stuff, so I'm normally in dire need of a laugh of some sort.

The promo for the upcoming Modern Family episode -- where Mitchell is miserable being an at-home dad while Cameron is miserable working and longs to be at home and serve as Mitchell's "trophy wife" -- made me laugh, particularly the bit about Mitchell reveling in plotting the death of Dora the Explorer, something about which I've pondered on more than one occasion lo so many years ago.



Not so much providing laughs as providing me with questions was the latest trailer for the Sex and the City 2 flick which provides a bit more context for what's going on with the infamous gal pal foursome in their upcoming film, including the fact that Carrie's worried that, two years into her marriage to Big, they've lost that "sparkle" and she couldn't help but wonder, "What happens after you say, 'I do'?" Plus, Carrie, Miranda, Charlotte and Samantha travel overseas in what looks like a ridiculous excuse to get the gals out of NYC for no apparent reason other than to have an excuse to put them in a different variety of clothing and make a joke about hot flashes in the desert.

1 comment:

Cooley Horner said...

Holy mackerel, do I love "Modern Family." That sneak peek was hilarious, and a great mini-distraction as I eat my lunch at my desk. I don't have kids yet--and won't for a few years--but I always imagine myself sounding like Mitchell since I really love working but also want a family. Ah the challenges we face in adulthood...

C.