Friday, May 20, 2011

'Bridesmaids' -- In Which I Admonish Folks to Go See This Comedy



CliqueClack TV, for which I blog, has launched a new brand, CliqueClack Flicks, featuring commentary about . . . movies.

My first contribution to this new effort was a post in which I make the case that if you’re among those who lament the fact that only 30 percent of speaking roles in movies go to women and that a paltry percentage of films are written by women, then you have no excuse to take a pass on Bridesmaids.

Why should you see it?
1) It’s funny. (I laughed out loud, something I rarely do.)

2) It has Melissa McCarthy (whom I loved as Sookie in the Gilmore Girls).

3) It has heart.

4) It’s smart.

5) Jon Hamm has a small role in it.

So what are you waiting for?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love to watch comedy series and movies. I will watch it too. Thanks for the nice sharing of post.

Numb3rs TV Show