Thursday, May 22, 2008

Midweek Funny: Lifetime's 'Mommy Madness' Shorts



Normally, I don't turn to Lifetime for satire (although the network does air repeats of Grey's Anatomy, Desperate Housewives and Medium, shows which occasionally make incisive observations about modern parenting). But when I stumbled across the series of 16 video shorts on the Lifetime web site I was surprised to find myself laughing out loud at several of them.

The "Mommy Madness" short videos star Angela Hoover -- a Las Vegas mom of two who kind of reminds me of Tina Fey -- and lampoon everything from kids' birthday party gift bags, getting the house to oneself (best line in the "Mommy Time" video is, "Leave me the F alone") and the difficulty of trying to shop with very small children in tow.

My favorites videos were "We Want Gift Bags" (posted above), the parody of kids' themed bedrooms in "Theme Room Envy" and "My Kids Won't Eat!" about trying to "trick" the kids into eating healthily.

No comments: