Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Got a Toddler? Get This Book!


When I finished reading Stefanie Wilder-Taylor's book, Naptime is the New Happy Hour and Other Ways Toddlers Turn Your Life Upside Down I found myself wishing that I'd either had this book or hung around with people like Wilder-Taylor when my twins were toddlers. It would've made my life a heck of a lot more fun.

The book -- the sequel to Sippy Cups Are Not for Chardonnay and Other Things I Had to Learn As a New Mom -- is a snarky compilation of essays about being a parent of a toddler today, in the age of the hyper-intensive mother. She provides advice about how to be sure you (not your toddler) is compatible with the parents of your kid's new playdate friend (she suggests gauging the reaction of the parents to swearing or drinking wine), as well as down-to-earth observations on the whole pre-school application process.

Wilder-Taylor answered five of my questions about the book and about raising toddlers on my Picket Fence Post blog.

Image credit: Simon & Schuster.

No comments: