Tuesday, October 6, 2009

For When You're in Need of a 'Mad Men' Fix: Character Tweets on Twitter


I’ve become increasingly entertained by the folks who are creating a dynamic version of fan fiction in the form of the Twitter feeds for various Mad Men characters.

The non-AMC-related Twitterers write tweets for Don Draper, Betty Draper, Sally Draper, Gene Hofstadt’s ghost, Roger Sterling, Peggy Olson, et al (nearly 70 Mad Men-related "characters" tweet, according to MSNBC) have genuinely embraced their characters, the show’s plotlines and have a savvy sense of humor. The interactions between the characters have provided me with chuckles as they pop up on my Twitter account throughout the week.

Take a look at some recent tweets posted by various Mad Men characters over the past few weeks:

Don Draper, Twitter handle: @_DonDraper (one of a couple Don Drapers on Twitter)

@Roger_Sterling is acting like a teenager. Apparently that’s what makes him happy.

@genes_ghost I’m going to have to get rid of that old helmet.

Maybe it’s time to take @Roger_Sterling out for another oysters-and-martini lunch.

Sally has been crying for days now. I don’t know what to do with her anymore.

Happiness is a billboard on the side of the road that screams reassurance that whatever you are doing is okay. You are okay.

Betty Draper, Twitter handle: @bettydraper

Do let me know if you see @sally_draper sneaking cigarettes again @PreppyPrincess!

Had another dream about Daddy.

Stop it @sally_draper! There is no such thing as @Genes_ghost!

Addressing envelopes for the Junior League.

Tying a scarf.

I’m an orphan.

Taking meatloaf out of oven. Topping it with ketchup.

Gene Hofstadt, Twitter handle: @genes_ghost

Wondering if I can convince @robert_draper to hide the helmet in @Gene_S_Draper’s room or in the trunk of the Lincoln.

I don’t know if I like that @FaintingCouch. Reminds me of my mother’s parlor. Plus it blocks the hearth. What if you want to light a fire?

I turned the TV on to static last night, and @sally_draper came down and put her hands on the screen. I think she was sleepwalking.

MORE AFTER THE JUMP:



Sally Draper, Twitter handle: @sally_draper


Why does everything have to change, @BettyDraper?! I liked the OLD sofa :(

Looking for a good place to hide the new Barbie.

Mommy! Look! Mrs. @Helen_Bishop just dropped off a cake for us for dinner tonite! :)

Roger Sterling, Twitter handle: @Roger_Sterling

With all the adjectives in place, life is worth living. Rich food, strong drink, smooth smoke, and a beautiful wife.

I’ve heard a rumor @duck_phillips is over at Grey but I don’t know why the man rates a rumor.

A gimlet at lunch is purely medicinal. The third one is just for the hell of it.

There’s something different about that @peggyolson today and it’s not the hair again.

Peggy Olson, Twitter handle: @peggyolson

@duck_phillips I asked you not to call me here anymore. Especially now. Do you really think we could work together? After. . . what . . . you know.

I hope I didn’t make a mistake with @duck_phillips. Since I wasn’t planning to go to Grey, I didn’t think it would matter. Now I’m not sure.

@_PeteCampbell Every time you come barging into my office, @SecretaryPool starts talking. I’m not going to work for Duck. Just stop it.

@Paul_Kinsey Where are you guys going? @_DonDraper said you were talking about Bacardi TV and I wanted to know why I wasn’t there.

Paul Kinsey, Twitter Handle: @paul_kinsey


Okay, who the hell told @BarryGoldwater I was talking about him?

Just saw @PeggyOlson coming out of @_DonDraper’s office again. If she gets Hilton, I’m going to start sending my book to other agencies.

Hey, @Ken_Cosgrove, I heart @StJohnPowell is bringing the hammer down. No more parties at the office. This is your fault, you know.

Image credit: Carin Baer/AMC.

No comments: